All ACHSM members benefit from powerful career-expanding opportunities.
Our mission is to develop health managers and leaders who transform the quality and value of services, and health outcomes of the community.
We help you build sustainable networks with experienced managers.
- Access to over 100 seminars and workshops a year
- Expand your networks with ACHSM special interest groups
- Connect with key industry players and build your skills at the annual ACHSM/ACHS Congress
You will attain the key tools of professional development in health leadership.
- Delve into the wealth of free online webcasts and seminars
- Benefit from the only dedicated library and information service for health managers
- Expand your expertise with the prestigious, peer-reviewed industry journal
- Grow your professionalism and be inspired with a hand-picked mentor
- Undertake the prestigious fellowship program
- Gain exclusive access to job postings and career resource tools
- Get involved in influencing health policy
- Support the organisation that builds innovation in health service management
Key membership benefits
Fellowship is the highest membership category awarded in the College. It is a significant professional achievement and is awarded by the College to those individuals who have demonstrated to their peers that they have the knowledge, attitudes, conceptual and communication skills to be recognised as senior managers and leaders in the health and aged care industries.
Mentoring is a professional relationship where a mentee and mentor are matched to share professional and personal skills and experiences, as well as enhance career development. Mentoring allows mentees to become familiar with a well-developed style of leadership and enables them to be guided while developing their own style.
The ACHSM Master Health Services Management Competency Framework provides a contemporary and comprehensive list of competencies required by all levels of healthcare leaders and managers. It is based on five Domains of Practice of the IHF framework.
This Master Framework is based on the set of competencies developed through an international consensus process by a Global Consortium under the sponsorship of the International Hospital Federation (IHF) and adopted in 2015. Members can use the Framework to provide a broad guide to the areas of competency that they should be aiming to achieve. Employers and stakeholders can use this guide to assist their conceptualisation of the broad range of competencies required of a health service manager or leader
The Health Management Internship Program (HMIP) offers committed, high-potential Interns the opportunity to develop the skills, competencies and knowledge required to start a career in managing the challenges and complexities of health service delivery. Throughout the two years of the program, Management Interns are exposed to a variety of different workplace and educational opportunities.
Your profession's peer-reviewed publication
ACHSM members enjoy a generous 20% discount on Qantas Club membership. Click here to know more.
Read: Terms and conditions of membership