The Defence SIG will be managed in accordance with the Constitution and ACHSM Rules. A number of SIG committee positions have already been filled by volunteers. Several positions remain vacant and we welcome volunteer nominations.
Chair: MAJOR David Bullock*
Vice Chair: CMDR Robert Curtis
Secretary: CAPT Briony Morgan
Registrar: LTCOL Toni Bushby
Assistant Registrar: LTCOL Rusell Linwood*
CPD Manager: LTCOL Elisabeth Barnett*
Royal Australian Navy Rep: Commander Robert Curtis (position will be made available to a volunteer)
Army Rep: MAJOR David Bullock (position will be made available to a volunteer)
Royal Australian Air Force Rep: Vacant
*Denotes people who are also Branch Council members either elected or co-opted
In accordance with the ACHSM Rules and Constitution, committee positions are held for three years. The positions of Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Registrar are re-elected by the Committee annually.
Aims and objectives of the Australian Defence Force SIG
The aim of implementing, developing and managing a Defence SIG to act as a voice for the continuous improvement and development of health service management within defence. The objectives that are required to achieve the aim include:
- Provide opportunity for healthcare managers within the ADF to develop their skills and share best practice of the unique military environment with each other and across the four services.
- Provide opportunity for healthcare managers within the ADF to develop their skills and share best practice of the unique military environment with other international college colleagues in the development of best practice.
- Provide opportunities to adapt and apply knowledge and practices gained in their peacetime roles to the unique circumstances found on military operations, and vice versa. This includes international engagement and discussion opportunities.
- Provide the opportunity to interface, share knowledge with, and develop international best practice within expeditionary healthcare settings trough professional interaction with the coalition/allied military SIGs.
- Provide a platform for research paper discussion, social media interaction and the research, writing and presenting of military health management concepts.
The ACHSM Defence SIG is an inclusive group for military personnel: active service, reserve service and retired personnel, from all branches of the ADF, NZDF. Additionally, Defence civilians and Defence contractors with a current contract are also eligible to apply for membership, subject to ACHSM endorsement. ACHSM members who may have served in other Armed Forces will be considered.
Please email Lieutenant Colonel David Bullock for more information and how to join.